BANGKOK, Mar 18, 2010 / — Organized by the Department of Export Promotion, Ministry of Commerce of Thailand, in collaboration with the private sector, Bangkok International Fashion Fair and Bangkok International Leather Fair 2010, BIFF & BIL 2010 is scheduled for April 1st to 4th at Challenger Hall 1 – 3, IMPACT Muang Thong Thani, Thailand.
Under the theme “Look East” with the tagline “ASEAN Integration Textiles – Apparel – Leather” BIFF & BIL 2010 is to present the great potential and grandeur of ASEAN’s fashion industry, covering everything from upstream, midstream to downstream.
Mr.Yanyong Phuangrach, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of commerce of the Royal Thai Government said, “Thailand earned US17.6 billion from fashion exports in 2009, up 2.24% from 2008. The export figure is expected to surpass US20 billion this year, a 9-13% growth over 2009. These include US7-7.2 billion from the textile sector, representing a 10-12% growth; US3.2-3.4 billion from garments, a 10-15% increase; US3.8 billion from fabrics and yarns, a 10% rise; US1.4 billion from leather goods, about 1% increase. With ASEAN free trade agreements currently effective, the trade between ASEAN member countries and their partners tend to grow rapidly and generate a greater opportunity for manufacturers, dealers and buyers who are seeking to capitalise on these FTA privileges.”
Last year, the fair welcomed more than 700 exhibitors, out of which 114 came from 10 ASEAN countries. This year’s fair continues its real commitment under the ASEAN Integration framework that combines creativity, expertise and complete manufacturing capacities of all ASEAN countries exporting their products to key markets especially Japan, India and the Middle East.
BIFF & BIL 2010 will feature the biggest-ever fashion product categories from leading ASEAN manufacturers. Tailored to the “Look East” theme, more than 1,000 exhibitors have registered for this year’s fair to offer a complete range of fashion products and supplies, from trend-setting items to specialized solutions from each member country.
BIFF & BIL 2010, ASEAN Integration Textiles – Apparel – Leather features the following activities and exhibits:
- Thai traditional fabrics showcase including fabric works from The SUPPORT Arts and Crafts International Centre of Thailand (Public Organization) or SACICT
- The 1st Asian Designer Congress – a learning platform for Asian designers
- The launch of Thailand Designer Club with 50 booths facilitating negotiation between designers and manufacturers
- 48 high-level fashion shows by The SUPPORT Arts and Crafts International Centre of Thailand (Public Organization) or SACICT, ASEAN member countries and participating manufacturers in the Bangkok Trend 2011/10 Workshop, The Association of Thai Textile Bleaching Dyeing Printing and Finishing Industries, among others.
- Exhibits from Designers’ Room, Thai Tex Trend (T3), Fashion Network : For US Market projects
- Seminar on “ Trend Fashion 2011/12 by WGSN
- ASEAN Integration Pavilion
- Exhibits from the “Fabrics and Apparel Development for Export to Japan under JTEPA Framework” at Japan Pavilion, including 20 design works by designers of Bunka Fashion Graduate University
BIFF & BIL 2010 will be held on April 1-4, 2010 at Challenger Hall 1 – 3, IMPACT Muang Thong Thani, Thailand. April 1-2 is scheduled for trade visitors (10.00am – 6.00pm) and April 3-4 for the general public (10.00am – 9.00pm).
For more information please visit www.biffandbil.com.