DALLAS, Mar 31, 2009 / FW/ — With the success of 080 Barcelona, the appeal of Spain’s second largest city to the fashionista continues with The Brandery, a new fashion brands trade show slated on July 7 to 9, 2009 at the Montjuic, Fira Barcelona.
Dubbed as a professional contemporary urban fashion trade show, The Brandery aims to bring 250 national and international fashion exhibitors for its debut show. With plans to make The Brandery a twice-a-year show, exhibitors are expected to propose a vision of a new fashion identity.
With the show being supported by the Barcelona City Council, it is not surprising that the “Made in Barcelona” label will be highlighted during the exhibition. With the goal of making The Brandery a European platform for contemporary fashion around the globe, and thus making it an international benchmark for fashion, making The Brandery the launching pad of ‘Made in Barcelona’ labels makes sense.
At the official press conference in Barcelona, Spain, the Mayor of Barcelona, Jordi Hereu, pointed out that this is a “personal project that will help Barcelona become a reference point for international trade fairs in contemporary fashion.”
The Chairman of the Board of Directors of Fira Barcelona, Josep Lluís Bonet, underlined that “in Barcelona there is a significant gap in the market” adding that “Our experience from past years confirmed the notion that Barcelona is a valid port of entry to Europe for American based brands.”
The Brandery is structured into 5 large areas which make up a global proposal in terms of the market:
- The Fira is the commercial meeting area between exhibiters and clients;
- Brandtown, serves as the outer leisure area, with restaurants, bars, and chill-out zone;
- Brandstreet will house merchandising, the press, clients and the brand catwalk;
- The Laundry is a laboratory for ideas, debates, exhibitions and reflections;
- The City, those present will be able attend the events, parties and exhibitions connected to the trade fair.
To house the brands, names of urban spaces have been chosen that fit each one’s style and personality:
- The Cathedral for those brands where the designer is the determining factor;
- The Loft, for brands with a more designer/trendy flair;
- The Warehouse, for denim-based brands;
- The Outerspace for street-wear brands and sneakers.
For more information, please log on: www.thebrandery.com
Photos courtesy of The Brandery