NEW YORK, Dec 16, 2009 / FW/ — After its Los Angeles experiment, Project Runway returns to New York for its 7th season complete with your favorite host Heidi Klum, mentor Tim Gunn, judges Michael Kors and Nina Garcia and 16 exciting talents.
Premiering on Jan 16, 2009, the viewers will once again see the now familiar Atlas apartments, Parsons work room and Manhattan Mood as they watch the contestants create their fashion visions.
As part of the winner’s prize package, the victorious designer will receive an editorial feature in Marie Claire magazine, the opportunity to sell their line on Bluefly.com, a $50,000 technology suite by HP and Intel to create, design and run their business, and a cash prize of $100,000 from L’Oreal Paris to launch their own fashion line.
The Project Runway Season Seven designers are:
- Amy Sarabi, 26 – Hometown: Plano, TX; Resides in Oakland, CA
- Anna Lynett, 23 – Hometown: Whitefish Bay, WI; Resides in Los Angeles, CA
- Anthony L. Williams, 28 – Hometown: Birmingham, AL; Resides in Atlanta, GA
- Ben Chmura, 30 – Hometown: South Meriden, CT; Resides in Tampa, FL
- Christiane King, 30 – Hometown: Abidjan, Cote d’ Ivorie; Resides in Los Angeles, CA
- Emilio Sosa, 43 – Hometown: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic; Resides in New York, NY
- Jay Nicolas Sario, 31 – Hometown: The Philippines; Resides in San Francisco, CA
- Janeane Marie Ceccanti, 28 -Hometown: Willows, CA; Resides in Portland, OR
- Jesse LeNoir, 25 – Hometown: Painesville, OH; Resides in Orlando, FL
- Jesus Estrada, 21- Hometown: Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico; Resides in San Diego, CA
- Jonathan Joseph Peters, 29 – Hometown: Woonsocket, RI; Resides in Providence, RI
- Maya Luz, 22 – Hometown: Santa Fe, NM; Resides in New York, NY
- Mila Hermanovski, 40 – Hometown: Dallas, TX; Resides in Los Angeles, CA
- Pamela Ptak, 47 – Hometown: Pittsfield, MA; Resides in Riegelsville, PA
- Ping Wu, 33- Hometown: Chendu, Sichuan Province, China; Resides in Chicago, IL
- Seth Aaron Henderson, 38 – Hometown: San Diego, CA; Resides in Vancouver, WA