Presented by Cadillac, the New York Fashion Week Men’s Day (NYMD) kicks off on February 5, 2014 and it will be the first of an ongoing bi-annual program dedicated to the support of the menswear industry in New York.
Produced and executed by Agentry PR, NYMD will present six menswear brands who will unveil their 2014 collections over a two-hour period at Industria Studios located at 775 Washington Street. Cadillac is the main sponsor.
Participating designers include (in alphabetical order):
- Bespoken, GQ 2013 Best New Menswear Designer of the Year
- Bosideng, introducing Chinese menswear brand launching in America 2014
- Carlos Campos, CFDA/VOGUE Fashion Fund Finalist 2011, FGI winner 2009
- David Hart, FGI scholarship award recipient
- Ernest Alexander, GQ 2013 Best New Menswear Designer of the Year
- Lucio Castro, CFDA Incubator Program 2014-2016
Each brand will showcase their collection in their own, fully styled studio space, incorporating décor relevant to the brand identity and collection inspiration. It also allows for all six presentations to take place at the same time, creating ease and flow for media and buyers to move through the studios at their own pace.