NEW YORK, Nov 14, 2012/ — For trivia lovers out there, here’s some interesting facts about the Lord & Taylor Holiday Windows:
- Lord & Taylor was the first retailer to present animated holiday windows and 2012 is the store’s 75th holiday window display.
- During the holidays, over 250,000 people pass by the Lord & Taylor windows daily and between Thanksgiving and Christmas, over 8 million customers will visit the store.
- The windows are created by a team of over 50 people over the course of nine months.
- The window sets weigh up to 2,000 pounds and are the only department store windows on hydraulics.
- The windows are created in a workshop underneath the Fifth Avenue sidewalk and are then moved onto street level.
Founded in 1826, Lord & Taylor is America’s oldest department store and one of America’s premier retailers. It is an upscale specialty department store that has built a reputation for attentive customer service and high-quality merchandise focused on apparel and accessories. Today, Lord & Taylor operates 48 full-line stores in nine states and the District of Columbia, three Lord & Taylor outlet stores, two Lord & Taylor Home stores and lordandtaylor.com, the company’s online store.