LOS ANGELES, Apr 3, 2009 / FW/ — The 2nd annual International Design Awards (IDA) was held at the Harmony Gold Theatre on Sunset Blvd last March 2 recognizing individuals for their outstanding work in architecture, interiors, products, graphics, and fashion.
“The International Design Awards were celebrated to a sold-out crowd of enormously talented honorees, equally fascinating presenters, and important members of the design media industry. These men and women are truly the best in their respective fields,” said IDA founder Hossein Farmani.
“We are privileged and thankful to have the continued support of the international art and design community. This year, over 350 people attended from 12 countries around the globe, with PTW Architects traveling farthest from their office in Shanghai,” Farmani added.
The honorees are:
- PTW Architects with ARUP & CCDI – International Designer of the Year Simone Micheli Architectural
- Hero – Interior Designer of the Year
- Stuart Karten Design – Product Designer of the Year
- Iconisus L&Y – Graphic Designer of the Year
- Toni Maticevski – Fashion Designer of the Year
- Barbara Lockhart – Lifetime Achievement in Interior Design
- Metropolis – Architecture Magazine of the Year
- Objekt – Interior Design Magazine of the Year
- Form – Product Design Magazine of the Year
- I.D. Magazine – Graphic Design Magazine of the Year
- 944 – Fashion Magazine of the Year
- Kahi Lee – Host, HGTV’s Design on a Dime
- Gywnne Pugh – Principal/Co-Founder, Pugh + Scarpa Architects
- Guy Toley – President, Claire Pettibone Design
- Megan Griffith – Founder, Denizen Design Gallery
- Patrice Farameh – Director, maetmedia
- Mollie Culligan – Founder/Designer, The Jack Rabbit Collection
- Kim Baer – Principal, KBDA Cesar Romero Hodge – Fashion TV Paris
- Hossein Farmani – Founder, International Design Awards
Host Mark Moseley kept the Awards evening flowing with a combination of charm and humor. The actor and comedian whose notable roles include characters in Disney’s Mulan 2 and Shrek 2 was a delightful host for that special evening.