NEW YORK, Jul 14, 2009 / FW/ — Leveraging on the show’s popularity, Lifetime, the new home of ‘Project Runway’, has launched the reality series’ site on myLifetime.com in conjunction with the official announcement of the 16 designers who will be featured during the program’s sixth season.
The overdue release, albeit highly anticipated of Project Runway Season 6 will be on Thursday, August 20th, at 10 PM ET/PT, and seamlessly lead into Models of the Runway at 11PM ET/PT.
Host Heidi Klum, mentor Tim Gunn and judges Michael Kors (top American fashion designer) and Nina Garcia (Fashion Director of Marie Claire Magazine), will guide the 16 new contestants as they showcase their design skills to see who makes the cut for Fashion Week.
Filmed in Los Angeles and New York, Project Runway also features influential guest judges from the worlds of fashion, music, film and television.
Lifetime Digital’s show site for the all-new Models of the Runway will launch this Thursday, July 16. Project Runway’s show site, upon launching on Thursday, July 9, immediately resulted in a 19% increase in daily traffic to myLifetime.com.
The new myLifetime.com site for Project Runway features the first set of more than 500 exclusive broadband video clips that will be rolled out throughout season six to bring fans behind-the-scenes in ways unprecedented in the show’s history.
Fans can get to know the designers with the following five types of video shot exclusively by Lifetime Digital’s broadband unit for each of the designers:
- HOME VISITS: The Project Runway designers provide tours of where they live, work and create – be it their own home, a room at their parents’ house or their car.
- CLOSET TOURS: See the outfits that inspire the designers, what they will bring to wear on season six and garments they’ve designed in the past.
- FASHION TIPS: Learn each designer’s go-to fashion tip – from flip-flops to lingerie.
- CASTING SESSION: Find out how each designer got on the show – what designs they showed the judges and how they reacted when they were given the good news.
- HOME VIDEO: Watch the self-made video the 16 designers submitted to Project Runway’s producers as part of their applications for the show.
MyLifetime.com also breaks new ground for fans of Project Runway with the launch of the “Project Runway Designer Portfolio” to spotlight the designers’ works. The new, interactive, Flash application shines the spotlight on the designers’ amazing creations like never before and enables fans to immerse themselves in each designer’s pre-Runway portfolio and inspirations.
The “Project Runway Designer Portfolio” will evolve during the season as each design and the sketch used to visualize a piece is added to the portfolio following the respective episode. This marks the first time in Project Runway’s history that a designer sketch for each design created on the show will be posted for fans online.