DALLAS, Nov 21, 2014/ — On Friday, November 14, Fashion Group International of Dallas held its annual Night of Stars Gala at the Fashion Industry Gallery, during which celebrated fashion designer Zac Posen was honored with a Career Achievement Award. The evening included a special Zac Posen runway show held in partnership with Neiman Marcus.
Benjamin Ruiz for Laura Mercier, the show’s lead makeup artist, created a “Modern Hollywood Muse” look for the show. The focus was on fresh, glowing skin. Ruiz added just a hint of ginger colour to the eyes and emphasized the lips with a matte red shade.
Face: “Radiant and dewy” skin created the illusion that the models weren’t wearing makeup
- Benjamin first prepped the skin with Laura Mercier Moisture Crème Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen, ($52), generously massaging it into the model’s face to awaken her complexion. Then he used Laura Mercier Repair Eye Serum, ($83).
- Next, he mixed Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Radiance, ($33) with Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen, ($43) on the back of his hand and applied it to her face using the Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour Brush, ($36).
- Next, he evened out the skin, as needed, using Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage, ($34) and Laura Mercier Secret Concealer, ($24).
- To ensure that the blush melted into the skin, Benjamin used the Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour Brush, ($36) to apply Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour, ($25) on the apples of the cheeks.
- For lighter complexions, he used Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Canyon, a clean orange hue.
- For darker complexions, he used the Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Blaze, a warm rose hue.
- Finally, he reapplied a thin layer of Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Radiance, ($33) to add shine to the high points of the face, such as the cheek and temporal bones.
Eyes: A wash of colour with a hint of shine
- First, Benjamin applied Laura Mercier Eye Basics, ($26; Linen, Cotton or Buff, depending on the model’s skin tone) all over the lids.
- He then swept Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Ginger, ($24; for lighter complexions) or Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour in Cognac, ($24; for darker complexions) over the eyes and added a small amount of Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Rosegold or Copper, ($28) to the lower lash lines, blending it upward toward the brows with the Laura Mercier Ponytail Brush, ($29).
- Next, he applied the same shade of eye shadow in the crease of the eyes with the Laura Mercier Eye Crease Travel Brush, ($29).
- To complete the look, he applied Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Black Ebony, ($24) to the root of the lashes and used Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara, ($25) very sparingly.
Lips: Matte Lips
- Benjamin lined the lips with Laura Mercier Lip Pencil, ($23). He then filled in the entire lip using the same pencil and blended with a brush.
- Next, he applied Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colour, ($25) and finished with a dusting of Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent, ($37), to reduce shine even more, ensuring the end result was matte.
- For lighter complexions, he used Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Ruby and Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colour in Moi.
- For darker complexions, he used Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Deep Wine and Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colour in Mink.