Considered one of the most prestigious awards in the fashion industy, ANDAM was founded in 1989 by Nathalie Dufour, under the initiative of the French ministry of Culture and the DEFI.
Accepting the award, Stephane Ashpool, the designer behind PIGALLE PARIS said, “It is incredible, I am so glad. Seeing life in colors, diversity, peace, love… Making fashion to create wellbeing is what I feel and I thank the Jury for celebrating all this today. Life is a miracle – together, as one.”
As part of being the 2015 ANDAM Grand Prize winner, PIGALLE PARIS will be mentored by Bruno Pavlovsky, President of CHANEL Fashion Activities and President of Paraffection.
“There were 5 very different candidates. All very passionate, who made very remarkable presentations. Pigalle is a nascent adventure, taking into consideration the age of the brand and the designer. It is a beautiful story, full of enthusiasm, creativity and a sense of craftsmanship. We will get to know one another. Pigalle has the ability to make its products evolve with the know-how of Paraffection,” commented Mr. Pavlovsky about Pigalle Paris
Accepting the award, Lea Peckre said, “We are very honored to be supported in our design process and be told that what we do worth it. Thank you to ANDAM and jury’s members to recognize our work and encourage the future projects of the brand.”
THE FIRST EDITION OF THE ACCESSORIES PRIZE OF 30K EUROS ($34K), TO: CHARLOTTE CHESNAIS
“I am very pleased. My first collection was my first baby, ANDAM my second and the third one is coming in two weeks. I sincerely thank all the jury’s members for their welcome and very grateful for the recognition they give me today,” said Charlotte Chesnais when she was named a winner.
Commenting on Charlotte Chesnais’ win of the Accessories Prize, Nadja Swarovski, Member of Swarovski Executive Board said, “It is our great pleasure to award the 2015 ANDAM Prize to Charlotte. Swarovski has a long history of supporting emerging talents across the creative industries and we hope that this prize and its endowment will both reward Charlotte for her collections so far, and help her take her work to the next level. The judges were won over by her stunning use of curved forms in her jewelry, and I look forward to working together with Charlotte to further develop her brand.”
Since its inception, ANDAM seeks, in the words of its president Mr Pierre Bergé, “through its awards and thanks to the coordination of the major actors of the fashion industry, to identify and support the emerging talents of contemporary creation and assure the role of Paris as a key fashion capital.”
Composed by its partners – French ministry of Culture, DEFI, CHANEL, Pierre Bergé Yves Saint Laurent Foundation, Galeries Lafayette, Kering, Longchamp, LVMH, M•A•C Cosmetics, OTB, thecorner.com, Swarovski, Tomorrow London Ltd, Yves Saint Laurent – and professionals from the sector, the jury members met on Friday, July 3th to select by simple majority vote, the fellowship winners of the 2015
ANDAM Fashion Award edition.
The 2015 ANDAM JURY are:
- Haider Ackermann, créateur
- Francesca Bellettini, PDG, représentant la Maison Yves Saint Laurent
- Pierre Bergé, représentant la Fondation Pierre Bergé Yves Saint Laurent
- Angelica Cheung, rédactrice en chef, Vogue Chine
- Lyne Cohen-Solal, chargée d’une mission sur la mode par les ministères de la Culture et de la Communication et de l’Economie, de l’Industrie et du Numérique.
- Sophie Delafontaine, directrice artistique représentant Longchamp
- John Demsey, Group Président, Estee Lauder Companies Inc, représentant
- Nathalie Dufour, fondatrice et directrice générale, ANDAM
- Pamela golbin, conservatrice en chef, Musée des Arts Décoratifs
- Guillaume Houzé, directeur de l’image et communication du groupe,
représentant les Galeries Lafayette.
- Olivia Kim, directrice des projets créatifs, Nordstrom
- Caroline de Maigret, mannequin internationale
- Federico Marchetti, fondateur et PDG de Yoox Group, représentant
- Stefano Martinetto, PDG, représentant Tomorrow London Ltd
- Bruce Pask, directeur de la mode Homme, Bergdorf Goodman
- Bruno Pavlovsky, Président des Activités Mode, représentant Chanel
- Nicole Phelps, rédactrice en chef, style.com
- Jean-Jacques Picart, consultant mode et produits de luxe
- François-Henri Pinault, PDG, représentant le groupe Kering
- Clarisse Reille, directrice générale, DEFI
- Xavier Romatet, PDG, Condé Nast France
- Renzo Rosso, président, représentant OTB
- Pierre-Yves Roussel, PDG Fashion Group, représentant LVMH
- Floriane de Saint-Pierre, présidente, Floriane de Saint-Pierre & Associés
- Françoise-Marie Santucci, directrice de la rédaction, Elle