PARIS, Apr 1, 2009 / FW/ — Now on its 20th year, ANDAM (Association Nationale pour le Développement des Arts de la Mode, National Association for the Development of the Fashion Arts) is accepting applications and entries for its 2009 competition with an endowment of €160,000 to the winner.
The competition is open to fashion designers of any nationality who are under the age of 40 years as of January 1, 2009 and who have plans for a fashion show and development in France.
All entry materials must be submitted to ANDAM (1 Rue Berbier du Mets, 75013 Paris, FRANCE) no later than April 25, 2009. For entry forms log on: www. andam.fr
Founded by Nathalie Dufour in 1989, ANDAM hosts each year a major competition conceived to identify, launch and provide support for emerging talents in French and international fashion.
Since its inception, ANDAM has honored close to 80 winners. It has contributed to the rise of some of the biggest names in fashion, including Martin Margiela (fellowship winner, 1989), Viktor & Rolf (1994), Jeremy Scott (1998) and the 2008 winner Gareth Pugh.
For its 20th edition, ANDAM is also offering a new special prize for young French designers to mark its 20th anniversary. Encouraged by the excellent results of the 2008 competition and the faithful support of its private and institutional partners, ANDAM will award a young French fashion designer with an endowment of €20,000 in addition to the ANDAM fashion award.
For 20 years ANDAM has been enabling the most prominent players in the fashion industry to invest in research focusing on young talents, thus ensuring the renewal and future viability of their creative capacities.
In 2009 ANDAM’s partners include:
- Beams (Tokyo)
- La Fondation Pierre Bergé et Yves Saint Laurent
- Les Galeries Lafayette
- L’Oréal Professionnel
- Saks Fifth Avenue (Riyadh)
- Yves Saint Laurent (Gucci Group)
As well as the DEFI (French committee for the promotion and development of the garment industry) and the plastic arts delegation of the Ministry of Culture, ANDAM’s historical institutional partners.
A NEW PANEL OF JUDGES FOR 2009
ANDAM’s private partners:
- Beams, represented by Kazuyoshi Minamimagoe, creative director
- The Pierre Bergé and Yves Saint Laurent Foundation, represented by Pierre Bergé
- Galeries Lafayette, represented by Michel Roulleau, deputy managing director
- Longchamp, represented by Sophie Delafontaine, creative director
- LVMH, represented by Jean-Jacques Picart
- L’Oréal Professionnel, represented by Laurent Dubois, managing director France
- Saks Fifth Avenue, represented by Dania l. Tarhini, managing director
- Yves Saint Laurent (Gucci Group) represented by Valérie Hermann, president
- Paul Benyamine, director of the DEFI
- Olivier Kaeppelin, plastic arts delegate, Ministry of Culture
- Nathalie Dufour, director of ANDAM
- Jefferson Hack, editor in chief, Another Magazine
- Hilary Alexander, Daily Telegraph
- Sarah Lerfel, purchasing and creative director, Colette
- Jessica Michault, fashion editor, Fashion Department, International Herald Tribune
- Joseph Quartana, owner and buyer, Seven New York
- Rebecca Voight, freelance fashion journalist
- Olivier Wicker, editor in chief of Next, monthly supplement of the French daily Libération
Association Nationale pour le Développement des Arts de la Mode
1 rue Berbier du Mets
T: +33 (0)1 44 08 69 07
F: +33 (0)1 44 08 69 00