NEW YORK, Nov 19, 2009 / FW/ — We all love our little black dresses and Dutch design duo Viktor Horsting and Rolf Snoeren know that so beginning the Spring / Summer 2010 they will be launching a capsule collection of little black dresses will be simply called “Viktor & Rolf Black Dress.”
The idea behind this capsule collection is to reinvent the Little Black Dress, offering a point of difference from the rest of the collection. Since these pieces combine classic designs with original chic details, they remain timeless iconic pieces that fit to grace the most enviable wardrobes.
And for its initial offering, Viktor & Rolf propose soft shapes, silhouettes and fabrics creating a chic, relaxed attitude for Spring / Summer 2010. The feminine references are lingerie, bustiers and soft bows.
In the designers’ own words: “Our inspiration began with the women we imagined would wear them. With sources ranging from a certain technique or silhouette to the memory of a vintage dress, the garments capture our take on the spirit of a woman; serenely fluid, delightfully structured, lavish, decorative and classically alluring”.
Beginning with this S/S 2010, every season will see the launch of a new capsule collection comprising five dresses.
Below is the “Viktor & Rolf Black Dress Collection Spring / Summer 2010” which will be available from December 2009 in high-end worldwide multi-brand and department stores.
- Black beauty : strapless dress in taffeta with pleats cascading from a large front bow, creating a tromp l’oeil effect
- Black dahlia : soft loose summer dress in cupro with a chic seventies feel and flowerbomb strap details at the back
- Black hole : dress with integrated bustier in cupro and chiffon embellished with stones appliquéd onto the collar and belt
- Black dream : short dress designed to combine three different fabrics – a chiffon décolleté, a silk bodice and a taffeta skirt – finished off with a rich stone and bead appliqué sash at the waist.
- Black rose : tulle layered dress with hand embroideries on the shoulders and a satin ribbon belt.
Photos courtesy of Viktor & Rolf