NEW YORK, Oct 9, 2012/ — Slated on November 8 & 9, 2012 at the Fashion Institute of Technology, the IVY STYLE Symposium is being held in conjunction with the exhibition of the same name currently on view at Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology (MFIT).
Speakers will include contributors to the book that accompanies the exhibition as well as other scholars and designers.
- Patricia Mears, exhibition curator, on “Ivy Style”
- Richard Press, co-curator and special consultant, on “J. Press and the Heyday of Ivy”
- G. Bruce Boyer, co-curator and special consultant, on “Jazz and Ivy Style at Mid-Century”
- Claudio del Vecchio, chairman and CEO, Brooks Brothers Group, Inc., and executive director, the Luxottica Group, on “Brooks Brothers”
- Michael Bastian, named 2011 Menswear Designer of the Year by the Council of Fashion Designers of America, in conversation with Patricia Mears
- Jeffrey Banks, designer, with Doria de Lla Chapelle, co-authors of Preppy: Cultivating Ivy Style and Tartan: Romancing the Plaid, on “Preppy: Cultivating Ivy Style”
- Paul Winston of the Chipp 2 New York specialty shop for men’s furnishings, in conversation with Bruce Boyer
For the complete schedule, go to www.fitnyc.edu/museum
The IVY STYLE Symposium
Thursday, November 8 and Friday, November 99:30 am-5:00 pm
FIT Morris W. and Fannie B. Haft Auditorium Marvin Feldman Center
27th Street between Seventh and Eighth Avenues
New York City