NEW YORK, Nov 9, 2012/ — Party glamour and winter warmth are the key themes for Ann-Sofie Johansson, H&M’s head of design. Here’s her pick of her favourite pieces.
– BLACK LEATHER DRESS: “This leather take on the little black dress is perfect for the party season. It’s got a minimal feel that’s just right for fashion now.”
– BLACK TEXTURED SWEATER: “I love the thought of wearing this jumper – it’s so huggable. Texture is key this season, and turns a simple sweater into a statement piece.”
– METALLIC LEOPARD PRINT JACKET: “As Christmas gets closer, I want every outfit to be special. This leopard print jacket is perfect for the office, as well as the office party!”
– CROCHET CARDIGAN: “This is such a clever piece. The crochet makes it look homespun, but on the back is a deconstructed panel to give it a modern edge. It’ll be great for cosy moments this winter.”
– PHOTO PRINT DRESS: “I love it when a piece is both modern and timeless. This long dress is so elegant, especially with its open back, and the photo print gives it a contemporary twist. I know it’ll become a wardrobe classic.”